All I can tell you is what I remember,
in the words that I have.
Hayley tends to her bees and follows the rules in the only world she has ever known.
Until she witnesses the impossible: a drip from the ceiling. A drip? It doesn't make sense. Yet she hears it, catches it. Tastes it.
Curiosity is a hook. What starts as drip leads to a lie, a death, a boy, a beast and too many awful questions.
Shortlisted: Gold Inky Awards
Shortlisted: Indie Book Awards
Notable book: CBCA Awards
There was no going back; there was no choice, anymore.
I'd chosen out and this was it: hot-cold, dry-wet,
bright-dark and lonely.
Hayley has gone rogue. She's left everything she's ever known - her friends, her bees, her whole life -
because her curiosity was too big
to fit within the walls of her underwater home.
But what is this new world she's come up to? Has Hayley finally found somewhere she can belong?
Or will she have to keep running?
What people say about HIVE and ROGUE
- Hive carves out a niche through intriguing and original world building - Cameron Woodhead, Sydney Morning Herald
- Hive gives form to an innovative world...(with) a compelling end to a tale that promises more to come - Natalia Patten, Readings.com.au
- Betts has created a unique enclosed world and an appealingly stubborn protagonist...Hive feels more intimate than other blockbuster dystopian YA titles - Meaghan Dew, BooksandPublishing
- Hive and Rogue are a stunning duology set in a world only A.J. Betts could create. It's a masterpiece of world building with characters you will love and connect with - elysianreviews
- Rogue is the phenomenal second novel in the duology that began with Hive. This clever, beautifully crafted and prescient story tackles the biggest issues of our times. Don't miss out on this brilliant series by thinking it is just for young adults - writingWA
- ...the writing was perfection. This is an amazing series for all to read and one that did not disappoint. I am going to be keeping these books for my children when they are older and I will be reading these to them, I think they will adore them as much as I did - thesecretworldofabookblogger
- I loved Hive the first time I read it and I loved it again on this re-read. Rogue was a brilliant sequel and...everything that Hive was (wondrous, mysterious, secretive and a touch creepy) across a way bigger landscape. Overall, the second half of this story really brings it all together and smashes it out of the park! The ending was brilliant and I was so satisfied with how it concluded - The Hungry Thesaurus
- I read the books back to back... so for me it was one 618-page epic dystopian Australian story. I loved it. I recommended you buy/borrow them both and read them back to back as I did. There are warnings and parallels to our lives now running through Rogueand I think that makes it feel all the more real when you are reading it. But that’s okay because the ending makes you smile and your heart hum - Sarahfairbairn.com
- Hive captivated me so quickly that I ended up reading it in one sitting. I didn't not want to put this book down...I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel to see how the story continues! - Tanaya Lowden, Booktopia Blog
- Refreshingly unique and highly absorbing...Hive had me captivated from the beginning - Theresa Smith
- This book is not your typical sci-fi or dystopian YA novel - it's raw, powerful and poetic, and I can't wait to read what happens next! Olivia, Angus & Robertson book blog
- The story was like nothing I'd read before. Not quite cult, not quite dystopian, not quite science fiction, but a mixture of the three. I was totally sucked into the story...The ending left me holding my breath - Veronica, The Burgeoning Bookshelf
- Every now and then a book (or series) comes along that completely surprises you, and the second book in The Vault duology, Rogue, is one of those books - Stef Galvin, www.youtube.com/c/NovelteaCorner
- I can safely say I’ll never read anything of their like again! The writing is absolutely phenomenal… I completely cannot get enough of A.J Betts imagination! Hive and Rogue are among some of the most unique books I’ve ever read - Brooklyn the bookworm